Buying a Firearm Online
What to except when purchasing a firearm online.
While we are a FFL Dealer and have firearms in stock, we may not have the firearm that you want. There are many websites or Gun shops that sell guns in the United States. You can purchase a firearm online from any of these guns shops. Easy right? No, not really. Once you find the firearm you want to purchase, there a few Federal and State rules that you must know, before you buy.
- All online gun/ firearm purchases must be shipped to a Federal Firearm Licensed Dealer (FFL Dealer).
- Must be a legal resident of the state the gun is being transferred.
- Active duty military personnel can be in any state to have a gun transferred.
- To purchase a handgun, stockless shotgun, complete AR or AK receiver, or stripped lower receiver, you must be 21 years of age.
- The purchaser of the firearm, must be the one picking up the gun. You can not purchase a firearm for someone else. This is a straw purchase: Straw Purchase is the act of purchasing a firearm intended for another person.
- All persons purchasing a firearm must have Government issued identification and a Concealed Pistol License (CPL). If you do not have a carry license then you will have to pass a background check.
- All persons purchasing a firearm must complete ATF Form 4473 in full.
Steps to purchase firearm:
- Buy from a recommended or reputable FFL, we have some listed on our website
- When you are making the purchase, one of the steps will be to select a FFL dealer, choose our shop "BlackWater Guns & Ammo"
- After you've made your purchase, let us know that you have a firearm being transferred to our store. You can use the form below.
When it arrives:
- Your firearm will be shipped to us. You will receive a shipping notification that it has be Delivered, but it's not ready yet. We will contact you once we have verified and logged the gun into our system.
Picking up your firearm:
- Michigan Driver's License or State Identification
- Michigan Concealed Pistol License (CPL)
- If you do not have a Concealed Pistol License (CPL), be prepared to wait for a federal background check.
- Complete ATF Form 4473 in full.
- For pistols: complete Michigan State Pistol Registration Form R060.
Pay Transfer fees: Hand Gun or Long Gun Fee: $30.00 per each serial number